Capcom CPS3 JAMMA Board Metal Protective Case/Enclosure
The Capcom Play System 3, also known as the CPS3, is an incredibly popular arcade platform amongst arcade hobbyists. With recent developments such as the Darksoft CPS3 MultiKit and other mods available with SCSI2SD, real arcade hardware use at home and in tournaments has never been easier. I designed the first CPS3 case years ago to offer a nice alternative to the clear acrylic sheet protectors I had offered in the past. The design was simple, clean, and offered an easy way to protect your hardware. In 2020, I officially closed up shop to start on my MBA but the demand for these cases remained. In 2021 I did offer a single run of the cases but with updates! These included:
- Added a spot for the Darksoft MultiKit DipSwitch PCB to be mounted internally and accessible to the outside of the case.
- Added a spot for an HDMI Port to be mounted when used with the CPS2DigitalAV mods and a single 12mm pushbutton to control it.
- Made the case taller to support the DarkSoft Multi SIMMS that required more clearance.
Updates to the case for this run: Second 12mm button for the DigitalAV controls
What you will receive: CPS3 Case with basic assembly hardware.
- Cold Rolled Steel, powder coated finish.
- All graphics are digitally printed direct to the case. No stickers!
- Supports the DigitalAV with HDMI port and 2 12mm Button Cutouts.
- Supports the Darksoft CPS3 Ultra Simms and has a mount for the dip switches on top/front of the case next to the test button cutout.
- Cart cutout is clean without any additional hardware for brackets/etc. (I am a big fan of removing the cart for transport!)
- Mounting points with access to the SCSI2SD if used.
- Access to JAMMA Edge, Audio Output, and Kick Harness.
- Rubber feet on the bottom.
- Simple two piece design.
What you will need to provide:
- CPS3 System itself.
- HDMI Port (optional). They are a panel mount HDMI connector by Poyiccot. Nothing fancy, but they will work and sit nicely in the case. That’s all that matters.
SCS2SD (Optional). Here’s the one I use and modeled the cutouts after.
2x 12mm momentary pushbuttons (Optional). These can be any you want to use as long as they fit a 12mm circular cutout.
- CPSDigitalAV kit (Optional).
- HDMI cables for the Digital AV Kit (Optional).
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.
Super happy with the purchase. Looks incredible
Beautiful, functional case. Protects your CPS3 while leaving dip switches, volume, and the test button in easy reach. Easy to assemble. Excellent support from Jasen. I haven't found a way to remove the kick harness without either using a tool or pulling on the wires, so I might just dedicate a kick harness to my CPS3.
Excellent Product and Service. It really helps to have a nice case on a CPS3
High Quality Case with a thoughtful design.
Very happy. Great way to protect my investment into my No CD Third Strike setup. Color is fantastic, as well. The blue and yellow is iconic.