Panzer Fight Stick 4 ABMX Kit
ABMX is going to change the way you play fighting games. In development over the past couple of years, SheldonTwitching, pushed me to finalize the design and bring it to life. Why? He was tired of using sub-optimal buttons and didn’t like the slabboxes on the market, citing them as too small and too much like a toy. They simply didn’t work for high end competitive play in the FGC. With the Panzer 4 hitting the scene in early 2023, previous work was quickly adapted and ABMX was born. It provides a quick installation of an all-button panel that uses MX switches instead of a traditional arcade style button on the Panzer 4 and the Mad Catz TE with some modifications (unsupported and there are no installation instructions for this case).
- MX Mechanical Buttons come in hundreds of combinations and are trusted by high end PC gamers and Keyboard Enthusiasts alike. You can customize every single button with a different switch on ABMX due to the hot swap sockets installed.
- No friction between the switch caps and the ABMX parts. The button caps have plenty of clearance around them to ensure they can not rub on anything degrading speed or switch return.
- Inspired by high end keyboards. Each MX switch is properly stabilized with an aluminum stabilizer plate to eliminate wobble.
- You can use many MX style caps on the market and Jasen’s Customs will be releasing ABS molded ones in the future.
- Simple electrical design. No flashy LEDs or integrated console compatibility is integrated into the ABMX PCB. This allows you to choose how to build your Panzer Fight Stick and what PCBs you want to use.
- Fully compatible with the Panzer Fight Stick 4 EZ WIRING.
ABMX Final Build Example
What the testers are saying:
“After 11 years of trying every all-button controller on the market – the ABMX is the only one that feels competitively viable. Zero rubbing on the return of each cap means you’ll feel the speed and accuracy increase immediately. Competitively speaking after the ABMX, there is no going back.” – Sheldon Twitching, Discord
“I have tried everything when it comes to arcade style buttons, and nothing remotely comes close to the ABMX design in terms of accuracy and speed. This is instrument-level quality and it shows in its performance. Jump on this now.” – Remiri, Discord
“If you play on hitbox or were ever curious, save all the money you’ll waste on buttons that are half solutions and get this. Keyboard community solved every issue with switches for us already. This is infinitely customizable.” – Kpowren, Twitter
- ABMX Top Plate
- Stabilizer Plate
- ABMX PCB
- Required EZ Wiring
- ABMX Bottom Plate
What you need to Provide or Order Separately:
Some pictures may show switches and/or caps installed. This is only for demonstration purposes.
- 12 Cherry MX plate mount compatible switches
- An “All Button Cap Kit” from Sinocade
- Plexi overlay. This is necessary so the key caps are at the right height after final assembly. This can be printed plexi OR a clear plexi. Clear is not included so you don’t have to pay for items you do not intend to use.
- Panzer Fight Stick 4 Chassis
- Compatible PCB – See the Panzer Fight Stick 4 page for details.
Installation and Modification Notes for the Mad Catz TE Fight Sticks
Modifying these cases with new panels, EZ MODs, levers, buttons, etc. is not hard, however, due to the intermediate plastic divider in every case there may be some trimming/cutting of plastic required to install modifications and new panels. Remember, the case was designed with a specific layout (Vewlix, narrow) and plastic molds were designed around it. If you do not feel comfortable with trimming/cutting plastic do not attempt to mod your case. If you damage the case, panel, or any internal parts during the install process I am not liable. Remember, mod at your own risk and do a lot of research.
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.
I went from the regular hitbox layout to this, and even running Samducksa 202 mx buttons with multiple different types of switches the difference was immediately noticeable. I'm currently using pre-lubed Gateron silvers and the button press is so smooth with minimal actuation distance (about 1.2mm).
Setup was super easy, and with the printed plexi everything looks just so smooth. I cannot recommend enough to someone playing hitbox or curious to try.
I have tried everything when it comes to arcade style buttons, and nothing remotely comes close to the ABMX design in terms of accuracy and speed. This is instrument-level quality and it shows in its performance. Jump on this now.
All Button MX (ABMX) is the future. Can't wait to extend the product line to other layouts as well to really show people how a proper plate mounted switch makes a world of difference!
Forget hitbox. Competitive player of 11 years on hitbox and 2 years prior of fightstick. I've tried every button there on the market for each of those 11 years. This thing makes your favorite buttons feel like they are stuck in mud.
Don't believe me? 11 years of hitbox, 1 day of ABMX and I haven't looked back. My Gamer Fingers with silvers feel like they are stuck in mud compared to CS AKKO Silvers on the ABMX layout.
This thing truly is the future. No more $7 buttons after shipping for a decent mech switch button - instead buy 45 CS AKKO Silvers on Amazon for $20. Or rather - choose any plate mounted MX style switch you'd like.
With the ABMX, the choice is entirely yours. You won't find a better all button controller on the market.
6/5 stars - 2 months in with it on both charge and motion characters. Soon to be two separate majors competed on with it. Assembly is somehow even EASIER. Jasen has outdone his own pedigree with the release of this template - customer of ten years - and I mean every word of it.